You do not have to provide us with your personal information. However, if you don’t it may affect our ability to assist you or provide you with a product or service, including but not limited to registering you as a trainee, obtaining funding support for your training, training you in Government approved training programs and issuing qualifications in any of our training programs.
If you would prefer to deal with us while not identifying yourself (ie anonymously or by using a pseudonym) we will allow you to do this where it is practicable (eg. where you make a general enquiry with us). Please tell us if you wish to do this and we will indicate whether, given the nature of the business, it is practicable.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
The personal information we collect and/or hold about you and other individuals (such as employer representatives, referees, previous trainers, your spouse, partner or next of kin) can include:
- name, date of birth, gender;
- contact details such as address, phone, fax and email;
- information relevant to providing a product or service such as:
- current and/or previous academic history
- current and/or previous work history
- income details
- financial institution account details like your credit card or bank account number (eg. if the product or service is being paid in this way or we are making a payment to you)
- information obtained as a part of the management and processing of our services (eg. academic transcripts)
- records relating to previous training you have undertaken with other training providers
- education (where education determines eligibility to participate in training programs)
- language and literacy levels
- evidence of citizenship (eg. when applicable to any funding grants conditional of citizenship)
- sensitive information such as health information (eg. where health is relevant to the manner in which we deliver our training or manage our curriculums)
- disabilities (eg. when disability requires different methods of training delivery
HOW WE COLLECT AND HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may collect personal information about you and other individuals in various ways including:
- over the phone,
- in person including at employer locations or offices,
- over the internet, including via our website, online forms and surveys, email or cookies (please see our Online Privacy Statement for more information on how we collect personal information online), in writing, including via hard copy forms.
FROM WHOM WE COLLECT
We may collect such information directly from you or through others, including the Entities listed in Table A below.
We may also collect personal information from publicly available sources such as the phone book or public websites.
WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM YOU ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE
We and Our Parties listed in Table A on our behalf may seek to collect from you personal information about another person.
This may happen if you apply for a product or service which requires you to nominate your employer in order to obtain evidence of employment and elements of competency relevant to your training program, or you have personal information about another person which is relevant to your training.
For example, you may need to provide the details of a manager or supervisor who can verify your competency levels to satisfy the required curriculum of your training program.
If you provide us or Our Parties on our behalf with information about another person, then you must:
- have their consent to do so
- tell them:
- that you are disclosing their personal information to us, and
HOLDING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We hold personal information electronically and on paper/in hard copy.
For the personal information we hold electronically we take reasonable security measures including firewalls, secure logon processes, encryption and intrusion monitoring technologies.
For the information we hold in hard copy/on paper we have in place reasonable confidentiality procedures and we also take reasonable security measures.
We also require our Service Providers to hold personal information securely.